Thursday, June 26, 2008

Weddings - Ah the memories!

I was watching the Today Show's "Race to the Altar" finale yesterday with the actual marriage. It made me tear up - course weddings always do. It was so neat to see the love in their eyes and their smiles, to think about the excitement of having their wedding on national tv, and to think of the wonderful life ahead for them.

That got me thinking about my wedding and my husband. And the love and life we've had so far. This is a picture we have up in the house of our wedding day. I've put both the full picture and a cropped version. It's amazing to see how young we looked!!! And that it's been 14 years in August. It doesn't seem like that long ago or that I am that old (hush!) to have been married 14 years. But then I think of all the things we've done in those years, the good (the kids) and the bad (not going to tell ya!), and I realize it has been awhile. But I am looking forward to the next 14 and many more after that. Who knows what it will be like? I am excited to find out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...this is just so very sweet. I think you two are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I didn’t find the post for the reading challenge, so I’ll post here.

Welcome to the Suspense & Thriller Challenge! :-D I have posted your link on the right sidebar of the blog. If you haven’t already, feel free to join us on the Yahoo Groups. You’ll find the link at http://suspense-thriller-challenge.blogspot.com/

Best of luck and above all, have fun!

Michele said...

Thanks J. Kaye!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Yes, we change and the time flies ... now I understand what all those older relatives were saying to me when I was a kid "you're growing up so fast" - I say the same thing to my kids. (and they roll their eyes, just like I did then!)