Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Sudoku Puzzle Murder: A Puzzle Lady Mystery by Parnell Hall

The Sudoku Puzzle Murder by Parnell Hall is the latest in his Puzzle Lady series. I very much enjoy the series and this one was no exception.

Cora, the Puzzle Lady, is the face of a daily crossword puzzle. However, she can't construct or complete a crossword to save her life. Her neice is the brains. Noone knows that Cora isn't able to do the puzzles except for her family. The one thing Cora is really good at is solving murders. And these murders always seem to have something to do with puzzles - either involving her initially or after she sticks her nose in. This particular story starts with a sudoku puzzle exhibition in which Cora wows the crowd. Turns out she's actually really good at Sudoku.

These stories are light mysteries that are fun to read. I usually chuckle at Cora's antics. I am anal and have to read series in order. And with this series, I think it would be best (course I would...that's how I think! LOL) The first one is A Clue for the Puzzle Lady. Enjoy!

No comments: