Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Challenge Wrap-up: July Book Blowout

Remember this challenge? It's the one where we had to read as many books as we could in the month of July. At the beginning of this challenge, I said that I wanted to read at least 10 books. Well, I completed that goal plus 2!!! That puts me at 65 books read by the end of the July in 2008! I am well on my way to my goal of 100. Woohoo!!!

Here are the books I read. Click on the cover if you want to read my review.














Mrs. S - our host for this challenge - has asked some wrap-up questions.

1. Did you discover a new author? The majority of what I read were new author's to me. I enjoyed Linda Leigh Hargrove's The Making of Isaac Hunt and have conversed with her a bit. I look forward to reading her next book soon. I fell in love with Marisa de los Santos and Love Walked In. And Billie Letts, author of Made in U.S.A. is a fun author that I will continue reading (in fact just got a notice that The Honk and Holler Opening Soon is ready to pick up at the library). Then Meg Waite Clayton of The Wednesday Sisters, Brunonia Barry of Lace Reader, and Lisa Lutz of The Spellman Files are all new authors for me too. That's been one of the best benefits of blogging - finding new authors!

2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading? I'm not sure I was in any unusual place. The newest place for me is the football fields. My boy has started playing football for the first time in his life. Practices are 2 hours and have been every weekday for the past two weeks. Since the field is about 20 minutes from home, I've just been staying and getting alot of reading done. And catching some rays!

3. Did you read more than usual? I didn't push to read more in July than I normally would. At least since 'normal' became working on the blog. With the blog I've definitely been pushing myself to read more so I can share more! LOL But I would think my monthly average is up a bit. Which is good!

4. Did you give up anything in order to read more?
LOLOLOL Me, sacrifice something? If my lazy behind usually does it, odds are I can't get out of it. So, simple answer, no.

5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on? Is this a trick question? More books, of course. And since I'm not one to keep them after I read (cause I'll never re-read), then I'm sure I'd share.

6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout? Sure! Was fun to do and be a part of this month. I need to find more challenges for me to participate in now.

Thanks to Mrs. S for hosting this challenge. Click here to see all the others who have participated in this challenge and what they read in July!

No comments: