Sunday, July 6, 2008

July Book Blowout Challenge

Book Blowout Mrs. S at Blue Archipelago is hosting a July Book Blowout Challenge. Anyone can join. Here's what she says:

Have you acquired a nice pile of books to read this summer? Do you need some encouragement to get through the pile a bit quicker? Or just an excuse to sit out in the sunshine and escape with a good book?

If so go to my blog - this July I’m hosting my very first Book Blowout. The rules are simple - read as many books as you can between July 1 and 31 - and then by August 7 post a list of all of the books you read on your blog. Reviews are not required to take part.

What rules do I need to know?
Only books read between July 1 and July 31 count towards the challenge
You can include re-reads - as long as they are read within the month of July
Books you abandon will only count as half a book
If you read to your children you can include all books which have more than 100 pages
You can include up to two graphic novels
You can include up to two audio books - (if you have a visual impairment that prevents you from reading then you can use just audio books for the challenge)
Books you read for other challenges are eligible - use this as an opportunity to catch up!
If you start a book before July 1 and then finish it during the month of July then you can count is as half a book
I’ll try and keep things lively by posting some Book Blowout mini-challenges along the way so be sure to stop by throughout the month and see what’s happening (or better still subscribe to my site feed - it’s free and easy!)

As an added incentive I’ll put the names of all of the entrants who complete the challenge into the proverbial hat and one winner will receive an Amazon gift voucher to the value of $20 (£10).

So what are you waiting for?


I plan to read at least 10 books. That will be more than my average and keep me well on my way to read over 100 books in the year. I'd love to smash that goal! Sign up with Mrs. S now and join me in the challenge. Let me know if you join by commenting here too so we can compare notes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go! I just discovered movies online and have blown my progress for this past week. I need to get back on schedule. :)

Michele said...

I don't know how much reading I'll get done when I've spent all morning catching up on all the blogs! LOL

S. Krishna said...

Wasn't that Wimbledon final amazing? I was cheering for Nadal and there were times I literally thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest!