Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Fun Photo Contest

The fun ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom are a must read every day. They are hosting a Summer Fun photo contest that ends tomorrow. I've been debating for days what photo to enter - cause you know I have to enter!
Their words about the photo to choose: The theme for the contest is Summer Fun - which leaves it wide open for your creativity. Your photos can be of kids, adults, animals… anything that represents summer fun to you! Just keep the shots family friendly please.

Leaving it wide open is always difficult for me! I need structure and organization, people! Anyway...

I decided that to me, summer fun means the kids and I having fun with our family, doing things that we might not otherwise do throughout the year. With that in mind, I went back through my pictures from June through now. I wanted a photo that included both kids. I wanted one that photographically was decent (doesn't need to be great but has to not make me cringe) and this was tricky as my SLR was at the doctor most of July (it's back now - yippee!!!). I wanted a picture of something that would only happen in the summer. And I wanted it to make me smile with the memory.

Here is what I chose: We were at my in-law's house. It's raining and they are out playing in it, riding their cousin's little tricycle. Think they were having fun? This picture makes me smile - I hope it looks like summer fun to you!

Little too big?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet there's a great story to go with this picture!

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! Too precious!

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture, Michele! And yes, it totally looks like they're having fun! :)