Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Sunday Salon:



Sigh... I am still sick. This cold has really knocked me for a loop. I think I'm getting better and then I start hacking up a lung! The worst part is everyone is coming HERE for Thanksgiving weekend. My mom was teasing that I'd better not make her sick. I'm not worried about that - but more about my littlest nephew later this week. I'd better be better so I can cuddle and play with him and his big brother! I'll be sure to annoy ;-) my readers next week with more cute kid pictures.

I was able to get some reading in last week. I read, on the Kindle (read my Kindle review), The Note by Angela Hunt for the C3BC book club Thursday night. I will be posting my review later this week. I posted my reviews of two ARCs this week: Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell and Scattered Leaves by Richard Roach.

The best book I read this week was Triptych by Karin Slaughter. I just started reading her books in March and have now read all of them. Time for Ms. Slaughter to write more!

Coming up first this week is another ARC book tour to be posted tomorrow - Blackbird, Farewell by Robert Greer. I am only about halfway through so you know what I'll be doing later today! I think next up will be Anita Shreve's latest, Testimony.

Planned for later in the week is the next installment of Digital Scrapbooking by Me! You can read the first installment - The Paper Years - to get caught up. As of this posting, this installment will be entitled The Transition to Digital. But like book authors, the title may change before printing. LOL

Best part of the week will be the family and food for Thanksgiving! My house will be bursting at the seams on Wednesday night with folks sleeping all over the place. Then great food, lots of games, chatting, and more food! Woohoo!

What will you be doing this week?

6 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

My stepmother bought me a scrapbook and scrapbooking supplies as a wedding gift. I did some pretty plain layouts for my wedding album, but I like it!

bermudaonion said...

I hope you feel better. I can't wait to see your digital scrapbooking post!

Amy said...

Triptych is the only book I've read by Karin Slaughter. I thought the writing was excellent, but it was pretty dark. I want to read more of her work eventually.

Have you seen the movie The Note? I usually love Angela Hunt, but I read this book so long ago, I don't really remember it. ;)

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you are sick, Michele. I've been battling a cold all week too - yuck!

Thanks for the review on Beat the Reaper - I have that one in my stacks as well :)

Michele said...

Gosh I hope you start feeling better so you can enjoy the holiday. I've been eyeing that Kindle, by the way, thanks to your review. Maybe Santa will be nice this year. :)

Bonnie said...

Michele, I hope that you are feeling better! This is a rough season at our house with colds/illness...no fun! Enjoy the holidays with your family. I hav The Note on my TBR shelf. What is the C3BC book club? I enjoy hearing your thoughts on the Kindle...I'm eyeing it as well, the price brings me back to reality! My husband said he would gladly buy me one if I start acquring less books..that's a hard one!! I would like them both!! I did start clearing out my bookshelves though,LOL! I'm looking forward to your digital scrapbook post!!