Monday, November 17, 2008

Please pray for a young friend of mine - Cassidy Briggs

I have been a member of an online moms group since my boy was born in 2000. All the moms have children due or born in the same month as my boy. I have met over 20 of these ladies over the last eight years and they've helped me through many life challenges throughout that time.

One family I haven't met in person but know well anyway is the Briggs family. Cassidy is my boy's age and was diagnosed with liver cancer right before her eighth birthday. My understanding is that the cancer is extremely rare in children. Cassidy needs to have a liver transplant. They are currently praying that the children's hospital in Pittsburgh will be doing the transplant.

I have loved hearing Cassidy stories over the years. She is extremely bright and curious about many things. She loves hanging with her brothers, doing all sorts of sports with them. She loves school and is constantly wanting to learn.

Her story and family were featured last week on Global News Vancouver. The easiest way to see the video is to go to You Tube and search on Cassidy Briggs. You will see two videos about Cassidy, including the news story.

You can also see some newspaper stories on Cassidy at two places: The Surrey Now and BCLocalNews.com. (If the direct links don't work, go to their main pages and search on Cassidy Briggs. You may need to choose region of Surrey.)

Cassidy's entire journey with cancer is documented at her Caring Bridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cassidyleighbriggs.

Please pray for Cassidy and her family. Pray that the Pittsburgh hospital will do her transplant. Pray that the family will be able to continue to stay strong through out this journey. And please pray that Cassidy will be healed and be able to grow up and do great things with her life. God has wonderful plans for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful young lady. I pray that all goes well for her.

Michele said...

Oh dear...things like this just break my heart. I'll keep Cassidy and her family in my prayers. Please give updates when you can.

Bonnie said...

What an amazing your girl and her parents are amazing to keep the fight going for Cassidy's transplant. I'll be praying for her and her family. Keep us posted Michele!