Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the United States!
I am at home with my family. My mom, my sister and her family and my in-laws are here for the long holiday weekend. We will have a turkey and all the fixings today along with lots of card-playing, laughter and singing. I'll get to play with my nephews and (hopefully) beat my father-in-law at cards. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to spend this holiday with these loved ones.
I would like to take a quick minute and also state a few more things I am thankful for at this time of year:
- My loving, caring, cute husband
- My smart, mostly well-behaved children
- The Lord God to whom I owe everything
- Good health for myself and my loved ones
- Wonderful friends that I will miss very much when we move
- A great job that's interesting, challenging and flexible
- My husband's new job that will allow us to move to Ohio
- A mom that will come and paint the trim in my house
- Our house
- My entire extended family - both those that are here now and everyone else!
- Getting to move closer to that extended family
- Nyquil (still sick...sigh)
- Our cars that travel well
- A mother-in-law that is great at buying me clothes
- The joy I get with taking good pictures
I could go on and on. But you get the point. What are you thankful for at this time of year?