My personal goal for 2008 has been to read at least 100 books. I am currently at 90 and should be able to make it!
I am going to have the same goal for 2009. Thus when I saw J.Kaye's challenge to read 100 books in 2009, I knew there was no reason not to sign up. Plus this will make it a little more 'official' for me.
Here are the rules:
The 100+ Reading Challenge will be hosted here this year. Here are the guidelines:
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) If you don’t have a blog, please join our Yahoo Groups.
5) When you sign up under Mr. Linky, list the direct link to your post where your 100+ books will be listed. If you list just your blog’s URL, it will be removed.
6) All books count: children’s, YA, adults, fiction, non-fiction, how-tos, etc.
7) Feel free to post in the comment section or on Yahoo Groups your monthly progress as well as your favorite books that month.
You do not have to decide on the books ahead of time, so this is a no-brainer for me. Yeah! The only thing is that I'll need to keep track of my books here. So a little more 'paperwork' for me than I am used to. Hopefully I can do it. :-)
Who's in with me? I know there's folks out there who can read 100 books next year!