Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Thingers: Common Knowledge Quotes

From The Boston Bibliophile - today's question: Have you ever added a quote to the quotation field in common knowledge? What's a quote you particularly like from a book, one that you know by heart?

Having just discovered the Common Knowledge information with last week's question, I have not really explored it fully. And that means I didn't even know you could add a quote! So I just explored that area - which was not easy to find. And the browsing is inactive right now. Sigh... I will have to play with it later.

As for a favorite book quote - nothing comes to mind. Granted I don't have a stellar memory, but I don't know that I note the lines when I read a book. I tend to take books and characters more as a whole than to see a tag line or even a fun quote. Wonder what I'm missing by not paying attention to that?

To see more answers to this question, and probably lots of folks who think differently than me, click here. Enjoy your Tuesday!

4 comments:

jlshall said...

I hadn't really looked at the Common Knowledge area before today, so I didn't know about the quotes either. I keep a journal of quotes from my reading, but don't commit many to memory, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

I've never checked the Common Knowledge area out either. The only quotes I can think of are from The Gettysburg Address and Shakespeare. I have a feeling the ones I know are on there already.

S. Krishna said...

I've started looking at the book as a whole, rather than picking quotes out of them.

Alyce said...

I'm so bad about writing down quotes. Sometimes I put them in my reviews though.