Monday, May 26, 2008

Takeover by Lisa Black

This book was my first book in the Early Reviewer program at Library Thing. It totally got me hooked on the program. Because I absolutely loved author Lisa Black's first novel, Takeover! I couldn't put it down!

It has a great female character in a forensic role that is thrust into a bank robbery and hostage situation where she is out of her element. But she is able to use her instincts and her experience to help resolve the situation. I look forward to reading more of this author and hopefully this character. Definitely one of the best 'first novel' mysteries I've read in a long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! What an endorsement! :)

Michele said...

I know. I really was impressed with the book. I have read a few 'first novels' or first in a series this year and this one was heads and shoulders above it. I am looking forward to more in the series even before this one is released! LOL

Jessica said...

FYI - you might be interested to know that Lisa Black is a pseudonym for Elizabeth Becka. Becka is a forensic scientist in Southwest Florida who has also written the novels "Trace Evidence" and "Unknown Means."

Michele said...

Ooh, I'll have to check out her other books. Thanks!