Thursday, May 22, 2008

Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

I totally loved Kate Jacobs first book Friday Night Knitting Club. So when I saw on Amazon a few months ago that she was coming out with another book, I immediately reserved a copy from the library! Somehow I thought Comfort Food was a sequel. So when I started reading about Gus, her daughters, her cooking show and her new rival, I wondered how she would end up being a knitter! However, it's not a sequel!

Once I figured that out, the book made alot more sense! I enjoyed the cast of characters within the book - a rival cooking host, boyfriends and potential boyfriends for her daughters, the tv producers and execs. It was a nice, fluffy, quick read.

1 comment:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Hey Michele! I've been wondering where on earth I could find you out here! Nice to hear from you and I will check in here for book recommendations often.
Hope the family is well.
Kathy