Friday, May 30, 2008

Book catchup

End of week 2 of this blog thing and am still loving it. I am working through what all I'll put on here and what I won't. Should I post a review of everything I read? I haven't done that these last two weeks. That kind of seems like overkill but then if this blog is about books (and me of course) then maybe I should review each one. Do I only include books that really moved me one way or the other? Only newer books? Hmmm...

As I continue to contemplate this momentous decision (okay, really just procrastinating making the decision and hoping to get some input from others) I am just going to update one what books I've read in the last couple of weeks and didn't review. Okay..I wrote this up and started putting in the books I haven't reviewed. Turns out they are all book club books. I've already talked about the others. So, maybe I already answered my own question?

There's a (Slight) Chance I Might be Going to Hell by Laurie Notaro: This book is the September book for my book club. I enjoyed it. It was a little out there in the believability that all these things would happen in a small town. It made me laugh.

Compromising Positions by Susan Isaacs: This is also a book club book - for July this time. I was not a fan of this book. It sounded like my kind of book - murder, armchair female dective, etc. But I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was the writing? I don't know. I look forward to discussing with the book club - maybe I missed something.

Gardenias for Breakfast by Robin Jones Gunn: This is for my book club at church. I gave it four (out of 5) stars in my library thing . It was a good story about mothers and daughters and the complicated relationships we all seem to have.

1 comment:

Lisa Clarke said...

I say, just post what moves you ad let it evolve. Evetually you'll figure out what "belongs" and what doesn't, just by virtue of doing it :-)