Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber

I just finished A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber. This is the second in the series that starts with The Shop on Blossom Street. In the first book we meet Lydia, shop owner, as she opens her shop and discovers three new friends in her first knitting class. She also becomes friends with her sister, something they never were before. I felt like I also befriended those ladies and enjoyed seeing how their lives changed through their friendships - and the knitting, of course.

In A Good Yarn, we find the shop has been open a year now. Another class is started at the beginning of the summer and we meet three new friends. Their stories intertwine with each other along with the original group of knitters. I came away with more friends and look forward to seeing where this group goes.

The stories are written with chapters from each person's point of view. In this second book we hear from Lydia - shop owner, Elise - grandmother who due to being swindled lives with her daughter's family temporarily, Bethanne - recently divorced mother to teens, and Courtney - teen who had to move to Seattle to live with her grandmother for her senior year of high school.

The books are a feel good, easy read where you'll either rejoice in your joy of knitting and friendships or want to become a knitter and experience it for yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read a Debbie Macomber book. I hope that I have some time before the year is out...maybe I can add this to the S/T Challenge. :)

breezily said...

I found your blog via Polka Dot Creations. Many of your favorite authors are on my list too, so it is interesting to see your comments. My Amazon wish list is two longer already!

Michele said...

Hi Breezily! Welcome! I am glad you found me.

J.Kaye - I'm sure you can fit one in the 200!